FESTIVALS are back bigger and better than ever before.
From Coachella and Glastonbury to Wireless, and BST Hyde Park, there are plenty of festivals in the UK, and Europe to enjoy this summer.
But when it comes to festival outfits, there’s plenty to choose from.
There are a whole host of trends we have seen through the years, and some new favourites.
So whether you are opting for subtle Kate Moss vibes, or going all out with your festival attire, there are plenty of options.
From cowboy boots and crochet to fringing and neon, plus many more trends in between, we have got the full guide on festival trends, and looks to help you achieve it.
Following Coachella white cowboy boots became the festival shoe to have, with sales soaring by up to 50%.
If you are channelling your inner Kate Moss, calling on Coachella inspiration for future festivals, or are following the rodeo theme, a pair of cowboy boots are ideal to see you from day to night, they are comfortable, sturdy, and give a slight platform, which is ideal for those wanting a little extra height without wearing heels in muddy fields.
- ASOS DESIGN Andi flat western boots in white, £45, ASOS – buy here
- Heeled cowboy boots, £55.99, Stradivarius – buy here
- Stone Western Detail Faux Suede Low Heeled Ankle Boots, £55, I Saw It First – buy here
- D Peython L. A, £67 (Was £135), Dune – buy here
- Albuquerque Western Heeled Ankle Boots, £109, Office – buy here
- Howdy PU Pointed Tow Western Cowboy Ankle Boots, £44.99, Public Desire – buy here
- Breakout Western Boot, £88, Ariat – buy here
Denim is always on fashion; no matter if you are going to a summer festival in the UK or abroad.
While some may prefer the classic blue denim, others may prefer to opt for a white denim especially in the warmer season, although black, or dyed denim is also a firm favourite at festivals.
- Levis 501 Distressed Denim Shorts, £50, JD Sports – buy here
- Denim zipper jumpsuit, £59.99, Zara – buy here
- Black Classic Western Denim Jacket, £45 (Was £75), Karen Millen – buy here
- Denim corset top, £22.99, Stradivarius – buy here
- Urban Renewal Remade From Vintage Denim Halterneck Crop Top, £29, Urban Outfitters – buy here
Co-ords are another huge trend for festival season, and outside of it too.
It’s no surprise co-ords are hugely popular as it takes the stress out of planning your outfit and finding a top to match that skirt, or pair of trousers.
Co-ords come in a variety of ways, but the best part is you can wear multiple ways, pair the set together, so you can get the full wear out of the look.
- Red Floral Mini Skirt, £17.99, New Look – buy here
- Red Floral Tie Front Puff Sleeve Crop Top, £19.99, New Look – buy here
- Toweling Tie Dye Shirt And Shorts 3pc Set, £31.20 (Was £39), NastyGal – buy here
- Rare London satin co-ord in pink swirl print, £94, ASOS – buy here
- Black Lace Oversized Shirt, £69, Never Fully Dressed – buy here
- Black Lace Trouser, £69, Never Fully Dressed – buy here
When it comes to festivals, anything goes.
While some opt for glitter in their hair, or quirky beauty art on their dace, others may want a full head to toe sparkly outfit too, or just add elements of glitz in their ensemble.
From mirror disc outfits, to embellished shirts, and beaded costumes, there is no stone left unturned at high street retailers.
- Megan Fox Premium Mirror Disc Bralette E, £24 (Was £30), Boohoo – buy here
- ASOS DESIGN embellished cami mini dress, £85, ASOS – buy here
- Country Star Sequin Embellished Shirt, £87.20 (Was £109), NastyGal – buy here
- Silver Sequin Bucket Hat, £20, River Island – buy here
- Multi Sequin Fairy Festival Costume , £50, Pretty Little Thing – buy here
For those who want a bohemian style festival look, fringed garments are the way to go.
When we think of fringing a fringed jacket often springs to mind, but it also comes in fringed tops, trousers, cardigans, dresses – even on bags.
- Multicolored High Waisted Tinsel Fringe Shorts, £47.20 (Was £59), NastyGal – buy here
- Suede Double Layer Fringe Jacket, £97.50 (Was £150), Misspap – buy here
- Miss Selfridge crochet fringe halter, £22.99, ASOS – buy here
- Shape Chocolate Brown Fringe Cut Detail Trousers, £40, Pretty Little Thing – buy here
- Green Fringe Mini Dress, £75, River Island – buy here
Every summer we fall back in love with crochet, and it is worth stocking up on for future festivals, or holidays.
Some may go for a crochet bikini, paired underneath a crochet dress, or opt for denim shorts with a subtle insertion of crochet in the form of a tank top, or cropped top.
Crochet items vary from piece to piece; although some crochet numbers can be heavier, which is important to keep in mind for festivals in the sun.
- Premium off the shoulder crochet co-ord, £40 (Was £50), Boohoo – buy here
- PINK CROCHET MINI DRESS, £40, River Island – buy here
- Crochet cotton dress, £69.99, Mango – buy here
- Daisy crochet sweater, £59.99, Mango – buy here
- Flare Sleeve Crochet Bodycon Dress, £28, Pretty Little Thing – buy here
- Multicolored Crochet Long Sleeve Mini Dress, £60 (Was £75), NastyGal – buy here
A failsafe way to jazz up even the most classic of festival looks is with animal print.
Some may go head to toe animal print, while others may layer an animal printed sheer blouse over a top and denim shorts combo.
Zebra print or leopard print tend to be the more popular animal patterns out there, but we’re also loving snake print, and cow print.
- Square Neck Strappy Maxi Dress Zebra Print, £17 (Was £20), Boohoo – buy here
- Monochrome Zebra Print Underwired Cut Out Ruched Bodycon Dress, £30, Pretty Little Thing – buy here
- Animal Print Midaxi A-Line Skirt, £29.50, M&S – buy here
- ASOS DESIGN tie front recycled blend mesh top, £25, ASOS – buy here
- ASOS DESIGN high waisted stretch skinny trouser, £15 (Was £25), ASOS – buy here
Catsuits, rompers, jumpsuits, playsuits, one pieces – they come under a variety of names.
In recent months we have seen many influencers and festival goers sporting unitards, in full length or shorter versions, worn on their own or layered with shirts or jackets over the top.
One thing is for sure – it takes the stress out of outfit planning as it is all in one (although the festival loo’s might be a struggle).
- Knitted Rib Unitard, £12 (Was £15), Boohoo – buy here
- Cream Textured Double Strap Cut Out Flared Jumpsuit , £25, Pretty Little Thing – buy here
- GoGuy all day all night halter wrap strap festival unitard, £50, ASOS – buy here
- Embellished Jumpsuit, £40 (Was £80), Boohoo – buy here
- Pink & Orange Wiggle Glitter Cut Out Jumpsuit, £45, Skinnydip – buy here
Now you’re festival ready, it’s time to get beach ready with stylish swimwear pieces for summer to buy now and wear forever.
What to wear to a summer wedding 2022: the best dresses to wear as a guest.
The best spring dresses 2022 on the high street to buy as the weather warms up.